Zelia Frick is a native of North Carolina but is a graduate of the University of South Carolina with a B.S. degree in Math and Computer Science. Zelia began her career working for ten years as an independent Computer Programmer / System’s Analyst while living in Columbia and Newberry, SC. Since 1981, Zelia served as Director of Instructional Technology for several different school systems in North Carolina. During her tenure, she implemented numerous innovative technology programs and provided professional development opportunities to K-12 teachers in all subject areas. For her accomplishments, Zelia received several awards:
1. NC Department of Public Instruction Technology Education Award in 1988
2. Technology & Learning Award in 1990 for Visionary Administrators Program
3. The Elsie Brumback Award in 2002
4. President of NCaect (North Carolina Association for Educational Communications and Technology), 2006-07.
Zelia has always had a passion for technology and often taught students and teachers how to incorporate digital technology into the curricular. Since retiring in 2010, she has begun to pursue her passion for “capturing the beauty of nature” through digital photography, specifically nature from the lowcountry.
Zelia hopes her digital images will touch others and bring awareness to the beauty of nature that surrounds us everyday. Through her images, people can discover details of different species of wildlife along with their habits, feel a sense of wonderment as light from a sunrise or sunset reflects on its natural surroundings, and grow in appreciation of God's amazing creation. Zelia’s passion is to celebrate nature through her images. She has just begun to introduce her photography to the world and is working hard every day to produce impressive photographs. Zelia’s pictures can be viewed at http://www.naturephotosbyzelia.com where images are added regularly.
Zelia is a member of The Carolina Artists and has received awards each of the past several years from the Carolina Artist Expo in Salisbury, NC. She has had photos printed / displayed in the following publications or locations:
• Honorable Mention Photo Contest, Virginia Wildlife magazine, 2012
• “Best of Show” at Carolina Artist Photography Expo in March 30, 2012
• Offices of Farmers & Merchants Bank Salisbury, NC
• 2013 Charleston Calendar and 2014 Charleston Desk Calendar (Charleston Postcard Company)
• Thrivent Calendar, September 2013, January 2015, February 2016 and 2018
• Our State magazine, June 2013 “Image of the Month”
• Top Ten Finalist in West Virginia Executive Magazine 2014 Photo Contest
• Scenic Virginia 2016 Winner in the Scenic Trees Category
• August 2016 picture in SC Wildlife Calendar
• Two-page center fold in the March-April 2017 issue of SC Wildlife
• Cover Picture for SC Hunting & Fisher Guide 2016-2017
• Adoramapix winner September 2017
• NC LandTrust Calendar 2018
• Guest Artist at Lowcountry Artists Gallery at 148 East Bay Street, Charleston, SC
• Guest Artist at Gritz Restaurant, 121 E Innes Street, Salisbury, NC
• Guest Artist at Lazy 5 Veterinary Clinic, 2916 S Main Street, Salisbury, NC